More than $100K Raised in Year One
July 3, 2012 marked one year since we lost our little superhero. But it’s been through The Team Julian Foundation that you’ve helped us keep Julian’s spirit alive. Some of the best moments of the past year were when we witnessed friends and strangers alike stepping up with outstanding acts of courage, determination to accomplish new goals and unbelievable generosity – all inspired by Jules. This has meant the world to us and we want to let you know how your support has allowed The Team Julian Foundation to make a real impact in the fight against pediatric cancer.
In just one year, The Team Julian Foundation brought in more than $100K through individual donations, walks/runs, online campaigns and fundraising events. In turn, we’ve been able to dedicate nearly $90K directly to pediatric cancer research, patient assistance and awareness programs including:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation’s Walk for Wishes – $3.3K
- CureSearch SE Mich Walk – $9K
- St. Jude Pediatric Cancer Genome Project – $36K
- DIPG Research at The Keller Lab at OHSU – $34K
- St. Jude Give Thanks Walk – $2.5K
- National distribution of new book, Understanding the Journey: A Parent’s Guide to DIPG to patients/families/medical staff – $5K
Please know that we remain deeply committed to giving all kids a fighting chance against pediatric cancer, especially devastating brain tumors. There’s still a lot of work to do. Please watch for upcoming events to help us find a cure!
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for being a part of Team Julian. We couldn’t do any of this without you!